(Yields 8 patties)
- Half a large head cauliflower
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 whole eggs
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup raw, unsalted sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup hazelnuts, finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp lime juice
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Cut cauliflower into little florets and add to the bowl of your food processor. Process on pulse until cauliflower has texture of large grains of cracked wheat. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and add about ¼ cup of the mixture for each fritter.
- Cook three or four fritters at a time for 2 – 3 minutes on each side, until golden brown, then keep warm while you cook the remaining fritters.
- Serve warm (I like them cold also) with a few fresh vegetables or a nice green salad.